Prompting Services and Software
Magic Teleprompting, Inc's founder, Japji Khalsa, has been working in the film and video business since before there were answering machines. In 1984, Japji began the transition from a freelancer as grip/sound/stage manger to full time teleprompting operator and rental house.
He founded Magic Teleprompting, Inc. in 1989, the first teleprompting company in the San Francisco Bay Area. Not content to simply provide great service, Japji set on a course to create great software to provide that service.
MagicScroll for Macintosh, released in 1994, provides powerful, yet, easy-to-use prompting on the Mac platform. From version 1, to the current Version 5 for OSX, MagicScroll just keeps getting better with features fine-tuned over nearly 20 years.
Over the course of serving the Bay Area film, video and stage community, Magic has prompted US Presidents, Olympic Champions, rock stars and many of the Icons of Silicon Valley.
But prompting famous people doesn’t make us the best at what we do.
We’re the best because:
- Our professionalism, experience and commitment to service sets us apart from the competition.
- Our crews have the skills, patience, and demeanor to make amateur talent feel comfortable and confident.
- Our knowledge of different teleprompting needs in different situations ensures the right prompting solution for your production.
- We have a large array of prompting solutions from handheld prompters, to presidential stage prompting, to prompting your next awards show or concert.
- With offices in the heart of San Francisco, we're close to downtown hotels, offices, the Moscone Convention Center, the Civic Auditorium, and all the large stages and studios.
- We know our job and we do it well.
If you have any questions about your prompter needs, whether it’s for a simple webcast, or a documentary shoot with an Interritron style unit, please don't hesitate to contact us with questions about your specific prompter needs.